What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How to keep track of how many views your website gets

TheWhiteBowser

Hello. I'm a little new to this website as well as to coding. I only dabble in html and css, and have been wondering for a long time how to keep track of how many hits my website gets. I would like to put a counter anywhere on my website that would forever keep track of how many views it gets per day just like a youtube video. I tried going into youtube's code via F12 but could not find how they do it. My best guess is its a type of javascript (i.e. I might be posting this thread in the wrong place, and if I am I apologize). In any case, if I could get any help it would widely be appreciated. I'll leave a link to my website so you guys can look at the code as well F12 away boys!

www.earldube93.com

I use Statcounter its free unless you want more analysis
You just jon them and then they give you some code to paste in to each page

Google Analytics and click "Sign in to Analytics" in the corner of the page
After signing in, you'll be sent to the Home tab
Along with your active user count, the Overview page also tells you which pages your users are viewing, as well as their geographic location.

Back