What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Firefox or Chrome?

Cybergenius

I have all kinds of browsers from the useless ones to the useful ones. Basically, I use them for testing and some other stuffs aside normal surfing. But out of all the web browsers I've, I prefer Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome compared to the others. However, Firefox is the better of the two to me.

For starter, Firefox has this bold look, google chrome lacks. I don't know how to put it, but chrome is kind of light in looks.

Also, firefox has more tendency of loading a page over a slow connection than chrome would; most times when I'm trying to load a page and my connection lags or something, chrome will log back an error page. While Firefox on the other hand will open the page, if not all, at least something readable.

Chrome is slow to respond compared to Firefox. And sometimes after getting back from a hibernate or sleep or whatever, one would have to wait some extra few seconds before pages start picking up. However, Firefox will pick up right away.

I don't really use plugins, but I've a feeling Firefox has more plugins than Chrome.

What I've mentioned and many more I can't put into explanation is why I prefer Firefox to Chrome. What do you think?

Google Chrome for me. It's simple, fast and customizable. In other words, it's all I need.
I've been on FF before Chrome, but after it came out, Chrome took the number one place on my computer.

I am not saying that I don't like Firefox, it's just that I am now so used to Chrome that we are in a symbiosis. :D

I used to be a huge fan of FireFox, but when it became bloated and slow, I switched to Chrome. It is much faster, and I prefer the developer tools in Chrome.

I am fond of Google Chrome. It is fast, trending and more importantly, so efficient to do multiple tasks.
For example, I am able to look at the bookmarks on my computer as well as my handheld device with Android OS.

This saves a lot of efforts of remembering and carrying your website everywhere. On top of it, the history, cache, sometimes becomes useful.

For me, it's Google Chrome. Because it loads faster and it is more convenient for me as a student who is always rushing when it comes to my paper works and research. Firefox is also fine but I prefer Google Chrome.

I actually find this question a tough one. For me, Firefox and Google Chrome are both good browsers. However, if I really have to choose one I'll pick Google Chrome. Why? It's because I find it faster than Firefox although I don't find it's Incognito mode safer than Firefox's Private Window (I don't know, I guess it's just me tho). Well, that's the only thing I don't like about Chrome, apart from that I love everything about Chrome especially their template design and how minimalistic their browser looks like.

Well for me chrome or google chrome. I'm satisfy to the performance of google chrome, it's fast, reliable, and I think it's more better than to Mozilla Firefox. Mozilla Firefox is very slow, I'm using this before and it's looks like the Internet Explorer right now compare to google chrome. I love to use this google chrome because even I'm downloading some big files, and browse the internet it's still good and fast and I don't encounter some log, compare to Mozilla Firefox.

I'll have to give it to Chrome for speed and because it offers many extensions. The downside to using Chrome is it is known to consume a large amount of RAM. I haven't really tried the new Firefox Quantum, but I heard it is also fast and more memory efficient than its previous versions and probably better than Chrome also. Even if Firefox Quantum is faster, for now, I'll go for Chrome because surely, Quantum doesn't have compatibility yet with its old extensions.

I used to work a lot on Firefox but ever since I tried Chrome, I haven't switched back and I now prefer Chrome for everything. It just loads faster and I can work with a lot of simultaneously opened tabs without crashing, and its minimalistic style is easy on the eyes. It also opens faster and I can still work on other applications I have in the background without the webpage needing to reload. I also find that downloading through the browser work really efficiently as well.

Either one works great for me. But I've observed that chrome is slower to respond these days. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I've been using nothing but chrome as my browser. What I like most about chrome is the layout I guess. It has a simple an organized style which doesn't get me confused and I always know where to find what. I don't have any issues with Firefox except the fact that it's too secured like it has a lot of firewalls and sometimes it doesn't approve me to integrate all kinds of apps because it poses a risk to the browser

For me, I prefer Google Chrome because since then I started using internet and search engine which is one of the things that we use everytime, I am already using Google Chrome but I have tried Firefox too and I must say that I only use it for about one month I think. Based on my experience using Google Chrome, I like its functions, features and performance so all I can say is that it is a recommended search engine for everyone. And Google is one of the most successful companies in technology so I trust their products.

I had been using Mozilla Firefox for around 7 years, but my husband opened the world of Chrome for me several months ago.
Actually, Mozilla's interface is more attractive to me, but it does not have those features which Chrome offers.
I love using the Auto Refresher and other extensions for Chrome, but there is one thing which greatly irritates me in it: if I accidentally press the closing button (the cross), my Chrome closes immediately with all the tabs in it. Of course, I can open it again and use the "History" button, but all my downloads disappear. Unlike Chrome, Mozilla always asked me something like "Are you sure that you want to close all the tabs?" It is priceless.

Before we are using Firefox Mozilla and it was really good but when I discover the Google Chrome I find it easy to use just like the Firefox but for me it works faster with my laptop, desktop and even in my phone. Since then I used Google Chrome and also told my family and friends that I like it more that the other one, That i just really for me because some of my friends still use Firefox Mozilla in the reason that they are more comfortable with it and it is more compatible with their device.

Google Chrome is the best! It is more stable and compatible with any operating system. I just uninstalled the Firefox Mozilla on my laptop. I didn't use it at all.I am satisfied with the performance of Google Chrome. (y)

I like Google Chromemore than Firefox. User interface is very simple and the site is very fast. Unlike Firefox, who I find to have complicated UI and it gave me viruses, I don't know why.

For me, Chrome, not just because it is one of the most popular web browsers out there today but it has a multitude of extensions and apps to make using it even easier along with features that truly make it seamless. And Chrome also has a simple and clean user interface.

Lately we've been getting a little fed up with Chrome. Sluggish performance and excessive memory use (not to mention increased fan noise from laptops and PCs when lots of tabs are open).
Firefox Quantum isn't just a lick of paint over the old browser. It really does feel quicker. And with the built-in tracking protection and the customisation, it really is very good. (It still lacks the built-in VPN of Opera, though.)
Switching browsers can be a hassle, but Firefox will happily import all your stuff from Chrome. Not just bookmarks, but history, passwords and more.
Yes, you will have to install Firefox on your phone(s) and tablet(s) if you want everything to sync, but setting up everything shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

I only use Chrome browser and the other bundled software which is Edge and these are the only browsers in my laptop. I don't think that I need more browsers whenever surfing the net. I'm really satisfied and contented, it is simple and easy to use. I feel that I have all the things I need with these two. In my phone I use Chrome as well and the pre-installed browser that is actually has the same features as what chrome has. I tried other browsers like Firefox but I find myself coming back to Chrome because of minimalism.

I have all kinds of browsers from the useless ones to the useful ones. Basically, I use them for testing and some other stuffs aside normal surfing. But out of all the web browsers I've, I prefer Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome compared to the others. However, Firefox is the better of the two to me.

For starter, Firefox has this bold look, google chrome lacks. I don't know how to put it, but chrome is kind of light in looks.

Also, firefox has more tendency of loading a page over a slow connection than chrome would; most times when I'm trying to load a page and my connection lags or something, chrome will log back an error page. While Firefox on the other hand will open the page, if not all, at least something readable.

Chrome is slow to respond compared to Firefox. And sometimes after getting back from a hibernate or sleep or whatever, one would have to wait some extra few seconds before pages start picking up. However, Firefox will pick up right away.

I don't really use plugins, but I've a feeling Firefox has more plugins than Chrome.

What I've mentioned and many more I can't put into explanation is why I prefer Firefox to Chrome. What do you think?

I would not say that everything you said about Google chrome are false since I can attest to experiencing some of them. However, one thing that I have come to notice is that chrome is one that is used by many of us and it has been serving me quite since I began using it which is really okay as long as I am concerned.

I only use Chrome browser and the other bundled software which is Edge and these are the only browsers in my laptop. I don't think that I need more browsers whenever surfing the net. I'm really satisfied and contented, it is simple and easy to use. I feel that I have all the things I need with these two. In my phone I use Chrome as well and the pre-installed browser that is actually has the same features as what chrome has. I tried other browsers like Firefox but I find myself coming back to Chrome because of minimalism.

Chrome is what I use as well simply because it is easy to use unlike what we have with Firefox. I was surprised to read the things he said about Chrome being slow to load some sites as I have never experienced such in the past as well.

Back