What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

color:Canvas is White

martin.leese

I am trying to use color:Canvas in CSS to obtain the background color of the webpage. However, Canvas is being set to "White". I have created a toy webpage to illustrate my problem; please view the code (Ctrl-u) to see the HTML + CSS. Visit: TestCanvas1.html

In an internal stylesheet, I have set the background-color to "Aqua" for the <body> element, but the text color of the <button> element is set to "White". In an old browser that does not recognize color:Cursor (it does recognize color:Window) the button text remains set to "Yellow". Why is the <button> text color "White" and not "Aqua"?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

I am trying to use color:Canvas in CSS to obtain the background color of the webpage. However, Canvas is being set to "White". I have created a toy webpage to illustrate my problem; please view the code (Ctrl-u) to see the HTML + CSS. Visit: TestCanvas1.html

In an internal stylesheet, I have set the background-color to "Aqua" for the <body> element, but the text color of the <button> element is set to "White". In an old browser that does not recognize color:Cursor [should say Color:Canvas] (it does recognize color:Window) the button text remains set to "Yellow". Why is the <button> text color "White" and not "Aqua"?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

As far as I can tell, the CSS System Colors Canvas and CanvasText are intended for use with "color-scheme:". I am not using them in this way, and presume that is why they are not behaving as I expect. The question why they are initialized to "White" and "Black" would be better asked on a forum where there are posters with access to the code a browser is written in. Such posters could then look in the code.

However, I wont be doing this. Instead, I have developed a solution to my problem using JavaScript.

Regards,
Martin

Back