What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Backlinks

One way to build links back to your site, that people may not think of, is to Guest blog. Guest blogging is when you make a post on a blog that is in your niche and is more popular than your blog is. In this guest post that you submit to the owner of the blog, you'll leave a link back to your blog and then if the other blog owner's traffic liked your post, then they are likely to give your link a click and check out what other content you have to offer.

What are some of the other things that people can do to build backlinks?

Last edited:
Another thing you can do is link exchanges with other sites that are related to the topic of your site. There's also posting on forums, as long as you post content that is relevant to the forum and discussion it should be very helpful.

Another thing you can do is link exchanges with other sites that are related to the topic of your site. There's also posting on forums, as long as you post content that is relevant to the forum and discussion it should be very helpful.

I already know about the whole posting on forums thing. but I am very reluctant to do it because different forums have different rules and I just can't keep up. Also is the link exchanging seen as Blackhat, because google sees all apparently, and the last thing that you would want is to see your site get de-indexed because Google things you're using dodgy techniques to rank your sight higher.

One way to build links back to your site, that people may not think of, is to Guest blog. Guest blogging is when you make a post on a blog that is in your niche and is more popular than your blog is. In this guest post that you submit to the owner of the blog, you'll leave a link back to your blog and then if the other blog owner's traffic liked your post, then they are likely to give your link a click and check out what other content you have to offer.

WHat are some of the other hings that people can do to build backlinks?

That's a pretty good way to get backlinks. I know many webmasters who usually submit articles to different blogs to link back to their sites. The problem is that not many forums allow guests to write articles.

The best way of getting a free, easy backlink that I can think of is through forum signatures. True, not all forums allow that, but it's much easier to find a forum in the same niche that does, than a blog in the same nice that allows guest blogging. Besides, forum signatures have way more exposure, and it's really easy to increase chances of getting more visitors by actively posting.

I prefer to use Ultimate Demon.

What I do is run a campaign and wait about a month or so in order for the web property to mature, get indexed and such. During this period of waiting, the web properties continuously get updated with new content. The goal here is to give the web properties some authority before adding your backlinks in them. The same goes for the social bookmarking sites.

You just have to make sure you're feeding UD with good, usable content and that you diversify your anchor text and when and where you place your backlinks. Make it look natural!

There's another way to build backlinks. First, grab as many free sites as you can. Some may be Wordpress-installable. These are easy to handle. Some are just ftp-accessible. Don't forget Wordpress.com and Blogger. They are free, too. Also there are other sites to create free forums. And some sites to use specific platforms like Drupal. Next, create excerpts of your main site. Make plenty of different excerpts. Make sure there's a link to your main site. Publish the excerpts on all your free sites. There you are. Now you have a lot of backlinks to your main site. When you create your free sites, use the name of your main site as the subdomain name. That will improve the visibility of your main site.

There's another way to build backlinks. First, grab as many free sites as you can. Some may be Wordpress-installable. These are easy to handle. Some are just ftp-accessible. Don't forget Wordpress.com and Blogger. They are free, too. Also there are other sites to create free forums. And some sites to use specific platforms like Drupal. Next, create excerpts of your main site. Make plenty of different excerpts. Make sure there's a link to your main site. Publish the excerpts on all your free sites. There you are. Now you have a lot of backlinks to your main site. When you create your free sites, use the name of your main site as the subdomain name. That will improve the visibility of your main site.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, but I've seen it done before and those free sites ended up being too confusing, because since there are different sites with the same content that look the same, you don't know which one is the "real deal". If you go ahead with this, make sure to make the links to your original sites easy to spot.

In this competitive environment I would tell new comers who are thinking about doing guest bloging to avoid blogs that are very popular as the owners sometimes look down on you. I would say you should target sites with low but convincing popularity and work yourself up from there.

I forgot to mention article sites. they would be one of the most obvious ways that you could get backlinks. Write an article for a popular high authority site like Ezinearticles or something, and then put a link back to your website or blog. That works pretty well. Obviously the article that you submit must me of high quality. That will encourage whoever reads it to click your backlink.

I really like to make blog comments and social bookmarks for backlinking. Granted, they are not the best kind of backlinks, but it's easy to make them and it doesn't take much time. But of course, Web 2.0 backlinks on plattforms like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger or Squidoo are also very important.

I really like to make blog comments and social bookmarks for backlinking. Granted, they are not the best kind of backlinks, but it's easy to make them and it doesn't take much time. But of course, Web 2.0 backlinks on plattforms like Facebook, Twitter, Blogger or Squidoo are also very important.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean. So you like to make comments on other blogs? How does that equate to you getting backlinks? Do you have a link in a profile that the blog owners can visit if they click the username that you used to make the blog comment?

I also agree about all of those social networking sites that you mentioned. They are my primary source of traffic, and nothing beats them I've found. Reddit is one of the most plentiful traffic sources one could ask for but they are idiots over there, and very fussy.

Basically, I post on dofollow blogs to get backlinks. This works very well especially when the blog in particular is popular. I also make nice posts on forums and provide a link back to my website via some of my posts and the signature area.

To build backlinks follow these :
1. Forum submissions
2. Social bookmarking
3. Participating in question and answer websites
4. Blog creation and blog commenting
5. Guest posting
6. Article/Classified submissions
7. Image sharing
8. Infographic submissions
9. Local business listings...etc

Back