What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

probably something simple

blackbird

I'm upgrading my graphic design website this summer and for right now I have an Under Construction page up. The page renders just fine in Safari and Chrome but everything just looks awful in FireFox. There's a mysterious black line under the background image that only goes away when you zoom out. The logo looks choppy and the font I'm using looks extra bold and blurry.

The url is www.blackbird-graphics.com

I'd appreciate someone skimming through the code and see if they can identify the problem. And yes, I'm more than aware that there's probably some lines of code that don't do anything as I've been told on a previous forum. For those curious, I didn't get much help on the last forum, mostly smart-allic answers. I'm still a novice coder.

*update*

an outside source has informed me that I'm using non web safe fonts, so that's one problem answered. It's still weird though because Safari and Chrome don't have issues with the fonts.

About the fonts, I think Safari and Chrome does not have trouble with because they both use Webkit as render engine.

I believe you must have solved your problem because I just visited the site using Firefox y everything looks good.

Looks like the problem has been resolved. I checked your site on both Chrome and Firefox and it looks perfect in both places. Good luck! what was the solution by the way?

Back