What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Open Links in Iframe

RKoog

For about 23 years I have used "local" HTML with a little javascript to keep notes on many things. My sites have an index of links displaying on the left side of the page that target an iframe (named "content"). The iframe displays on the right side of the page. Most links open within the iframe.

THE PROBLEM:
When Explorer went away, the links (pages) still open in the iframe, but they do not “land”at the ID location. I have to scroll up or down to find the specific information I need. This is very frustrating.

My index links are written as follows:

<a class="index1" href="aa_HTML-Page_.htm#Linkname1" target="content">Linkname1</a><br>

I have always used "#Name of ID" to take me to a specific location on the page loaded in the iframe. Since Explorer went away, I can't get it to work like that.

The id attribute in any page loaded in the Iframe are written as follows:

<h2 id="Linkname1" class="left">Linkname1</h2>

The links to any page work and load the page, but links to IDs (specific locations) do not work.

I rely heavily on these web pages for organizing information about jobs, programs, hobbies and other. Help is much needed.

Back