What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

marquee scrolling problem - HELP

amc439

HI!

I have this code here for marquee scrolling text that scrolls upwards. The only problem is that the scrolling always starts from the bottom of the scroll area but I want it to start from the very top and then continue to scoll upwards.

Here is the code:

<style type="text/css">
.html-marquee {font-family:Helvetica;font-size:9.5pt;color:000000;border-width:0;border-style:solid;}
</style>
<marquee class="html-marquee" height="640" direction="up" behavior="scroll" scrollamount="3"> <p>IMMACULATE CONCEPTION CATHOLIC SCHOOL</p>

<p>TOP FLOOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT</p>

<p>RE/MAX-NORTH SHORE - JUDY KILLEEN</p>

<p>BOSTON PIIZA - COQUITLAM</p>

<p>CAMBIE HOTEL AND PUB</p>

<p>TD CANADA TRUST - GEORGIA STREET</p>

<p>EL FURNITURE WAREHOUSE RESTUARANT</p>

<p>THE DIME RESTAURANT - COMMERCIAL</p>

<p>THE DIME RESTAURANT - GRANVILLE</p>

<p>LOOSE MOOSE RESTAURANT</p>

<p>WHITE RESTAURANT</p>

<p>BEST BITE DONAIR</p>

<p>BOND STREET PHARMACY</p>

<p>CHUTNEY VILLA</p>

<p>CONTAINER WORLD LOGISTICS - RICHMOND</p>

</marquee>

The size of the scroll box is fine and I'm happy with the word formatting and the speed of the scrolling, the only issue is that it begins scrolling from the bottom, so it leaves this huge awkward blank space for a few seconds when the page first loads.

If someone could help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Back