What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

HTML attribute for a pre-coded field

isaac5003

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting here truly do not know much about HTML.

I am using a page builder for a page on my website. There are pre-coded fields (in which users can enter text) in the visual interface I can use. What I am looking to do is restrict what users can input to a certain format. In my case, I want them only to be able to input numbers in the dd/mm/yyyy format. I have access to the field's HTML attribute ID. From my understanding, I can use this ID to code in the page's header section to achieve this restriction. Problem is, I have only coded in java in my life and have no clue where to start.

Would anyone have the time and generosity to guide me through how I can code such a thing?

Do no hesistate to ask for any specifications.

P.S. I attached screenshots to hopefully make it easier to understand!

Thanks in advance!

Back