What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Add a button feature

diaz1510

I have a button I created using shortcode on my Wordpress site. The button works perfect (it is used to directly download a file). I want to add a feature to the button and not sure of the syntax. I want it to change background and text color when I hover over it.

Here is the code used in the shortcode (the site in the code as well as the image are fictitious and just indicative of the format I used to make this work):

<a href="https://www.downloadthephoto.com/picture.jpg" download="Picture" download style="display: inline-block; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-weight: bold;">Download JPG</a>

and the colors I want to change it to when hovering is:

background-color: #03A9F4
font-color: #ffffff

Thanks and any help would be appreciated.

Back