What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

A very basic bit of html code to create a contact form on my website

geordief

I made my own website almost 20 years ago (just to point out that I do have basic html skills)
Actually at that time I just copied another website and changed the html for my purposes.

I let it go over the past 5 years or so and I can see that the contact form does not work and I need to replace it with another.

I don't have a secure site but I don't want my email address to be spammed and so I want to include a bit of protection with a small script.

Can anyone help or point me in a good direction?

I am struggling to create a php file that I have seen can be used with contact forms ( eg here : https://paperform.co/blog/html-contact-form/ )

When I fill out the that form I am redirected to the php file but I don't get an email even though my preferred email address is edited into the php file.

Maybe it is simpler if I use a cgi-bin or even just a script on the actual html page?

Back