What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

noob here, please help :)

sixsamuraisoldier

so, im not sure if its the right section sorry :D anyways, see, i want an html code that does the following: when on the page, it automatically makes it the visitor's browser's starting page. thanks in advance :)

You cannot do that with HTML. JavaScript would be required....ad you would make a lot of people mad if you did this, so you may want to reconsider.

As mentioned, HTML cannot do this, and this would make a lot of people angry with you. It also seems like a bit of a security hole in the browser if you could do it.

Uh, don't do that if you want to market yourself as a decent businessman. If you go around, basically hijacking peoples home page, you are going to cause quite a stir that could have a back lash on you. The others already stated you need Java support. I am just curious, why would you want to make it their home page?

Hello, @sixsamuraisoldier. What you are trying to do is not possible by only using HTML. You should also not do this because it is malicious and unethical. If a user wants your site to be his/her homepage, it should be his choice or it should require the user's permission.

Like many others have informed you above, this is not possible to do with HTML. With HTML, you can build the actual site and website that you want to be the homepage when someone starts their browser. I believe you could do what you want with some Javascript although I would highly recommend against doing something like this. Not only is it something that would be considered unethical but it would also result in a lot of angry users and I don't think any webmaster wants to have angry users. What will happen is that they will just change it back to Google and then never visit your site again!

Back