What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Marketing on Yahoo Answers

I'm not sure whether this is an ethical technique or not but I have and will continue to use it. It's a method of posting a question in a popular section of Yahoo answers, and then, creating another account and answering the question that you posed earlier, with a backlink to your website or blog, which would contain help or the answer to the above question.

I have tried this before, and depending on what niche you are involved with, this technique can be very effective. I already had multiple email addresses, so that was no problem for me, but setting up multiple emails so that you can post questions and then answer them might become a bit annoying. But this method works. does anyone else do this?

I can see that working. I'd also consider finding questions related to the website, and helping others out by posting the link. I always find that whenever I see a link in a question that I ask, I always end up clicking it. So I can see why it'd be effective.

No, I haven't done that kind of thing. And I don't think I need to. I have just registered an account with Yahoo! Answers. There are a lot of questions which I can help to answer, so there's no need to create my own.

No, I haven't done that kind of thing. And I don't think I need to. I have just registered an account with Yahoo! Answers. There are a lot of questions which I can help to answer, so there's no need to create my own.

yes, there are already a lot of questions out there, but a lot have already been answered, and a best answer has already been chosen for a lot of questions. If you create your own questions, then you can create the answers and choose the best answer. That answer will be the first answer that people see when they visit the question that you have posted, they will assume that the best answer helped to resolve whatever issue you were having and follow the link that you posted to your website.

It is best to post your own questions, in my opinion.

I managed a support forum for social networking users. My co-admin was a top contributor (or whatever they're called) in Yahoo! Answers. He decided it'd be a good idea to add our site's link on his answers, something like "if you're looking to learn more about [...], this site may help". We got a bunch of new people signing up thanks to that.

yes, there are already a lot of questions out there, but a lot have already been answered, and a best answer has already been chosen for a lot of questions. If you create your own questions, then you can create the answers and choose the best answer. That answer will be the first answer that people see when they visit the question that you have posted, they will assume that the best answer helped to resolve whatever issue you were having and follow the link that you posted to your website.

It is best to post your own questions, in my opinion.

Like post my own questions and answer them myself with another account? I have tried this kind of thing before when I was paid to populate a new forum. I am afraid I am not good at this kind of this because I get confused very easily and end up not knowing whether I am coming or going, so to say.

I managed a support forum for social networking users. My co-admin was a top contributor (or whatever they're called) in Yahoo! Answers. He decided it'd be a good idea to add our site's link on his answers, something like "if you're looking to learn more about [...], this site may help". We got a bunch of new people signing up thanks to that.

This is good news and a nice way for those not ready to spend much to really advertise as well.

ahoo Answers is the knowledge sharing Q&A based social network with over 90 million users worldwide with around 18 million users in the world

Back