What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How to Use an HTML Excel File Input

bgilley227

My research team is building a website that requires the user to input an Excel file (.xlsx) with 6 different sheets. Each sheet has a different quantity of data. I understand that to create a file input button, you use the following format:

<input type="file" accept="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" />

However, I'm not sure how to process the data inside of the Excel file the user inputs. We are using Python's flask module as the web framework, so ideally, the contents of each sheet would be loaded into dictionaries on the flask file. I am not sure how to extract the data from each sheet of the file they input. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Back