What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

How to Fix Duplicate Page Content Canonical URL?

Jackleo7878

Hello friends,
I am a newbie in the Search Engine Optimisation things. I am working on a project but while checking this website in the SEO analysis tool, it shows some canonical issues for some URLs.
So, can anyone help to solve this issue?

Smith_euk

The canonical issue means a website has various URLs with the same content. Canonical issues occur when 301 redirects are not properly in place. Canonical is the process of picking the best URL when there are several options.
A search engine recognises those unique URLs as different unique pages. If the URL Canonicalization is not handled properly, search engines view it as a duplicate content issue.
How to correct this issue?
  • <link rel="canonical" href="http[:]//www[.]abc[.]com">
By using the rel="canonical" tag, the search engine crawlers will easily decide which page is having the original content or which page has importance than others.

Jackleo7878

Yes, I have also research about this and got the same answers.

Thank you Smith and taynguyenemaka for sharing your knowledge.