What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Hits4You

Well it looks pretty. And I assume I know what it does, based on the name. But there's not too much feedback I can give you yet, as it isn't completely live just yet. Any idea when you'll be up and running?

Things that pop out at me:

Your info seems a little large.

No "Privacy Policy" link.

It might just be me, but the Submit button doesn't work. (Google Chrome)

Now the good:

Great visual balance.

Great color scheme.

Very simplistic, but still looks well designed.

Like many of the other posters above, I like the initial impression that abuser gets when they first visit your site. But the submit button doesn't work for Firefox either. I haven't tried it in Internet Explorer. Just tried it in Google Chrome and it is also not working there.

Is this site going to be a traffic exchange site? I hope so, because vagex isn't letting anybody new sign up, and they haven't been for a long time now.

Traffic exchange sites are a waste. I remember dealing with many back in the early days of starting my business. They send automated hits at best. If not, they're sending your site out as a pop under and everyone hates those. That's why I don't mess with EngineSeeker.com either.

I tried clicking this link and it is currently broken. I just thought you might want to know that. I do not know if you have disabled the link. I was just letting you know.

I would never buy traffic for anything. People have solicited me to buy Facebook likes and Twitter followers. I don't like it. Genuine traffic and genuine followers are always best.

Well, I would have to say with the amount of time I have been on the internet, this is not a new concept. And I believe that your name is not unique. Although the general premises of the site is good, I have to ask what made you decide to choose this name and what it is exactly that you hope to gain from your site?

Most people would never pay for hits to their site because honestly, it is not the hits that make you the money, it is targeted traffic. Also something I never do is make my site live until I know it is completed and ready for visitors to find. As mentioned already with links not working and other small various issues there is still a lot of work to complete. I wish you the best of luck!

I would never buy traffic for anything. People have solicited me to buy Facebook likes and Twitter followers. I don't like it. Genuine traffic and genuine followers are always best.

Yes, the real traffic and the real followers are the ones which bring home the bacon, so to say. However, having said that, I must also say the this real approach takes a lot more work and time. Unfortunately not everyone is that hardworking or patient like you. So they look for shortcuts. That's why they buy what they can. Whether they get their money's worth is another matter.

Well traffic I admit is hard to get from search engines. Google is the king, and they adjust their rules, regs, and methods so often that you can hardly keep up. I gave up on search engines a long time ago. My secret is keywords. When a popular film or movie keyword pops up for example jurassic park 4 or American Horror Story Coven, I place it into my sites html. And when google spiders it they pull that keyword. You make much more money and good use of your time focusing on one or two keywords that people will search for often.

Adwords isn't so great either. Facebook ads don't work unless your budget surpasses $1,000. And Twitter ads I haven't even tried yet. But I am not optimistic about those. But as a web master, selling advertising space and T-shirts is where you'll make your money. Also doing crowd-funding for projects that can bring you YouTube traffic and money also.

button is not working and I did not know, f.ck it!
The idea of the site would be advertising exchange, and tastes of social networks, but still could not buy a script and apparently lost all the users who might have "registered".

It looks very smooth so far, hopefully when you get up you could fix some of the minor flaws that the people have listed above. Other than that the sight is coming along pretty well, good job!

Thank you for your support, I think I'm thinking of giving up the idea of the site, as the online market this very busy: (

It is good that you are doing this. Google is constantly updating their algorithms and in the long run people who try to cheat the system only end up hurting themselves.

I have heard about the site quite an amount of times and I can say that the site itself looks quite decent. But for some reason, whenever I try to go in, it says the site has "Vanished" therefore I think the site is not going to be available anymore :/

It is good that you are doing this. Google is constantly updating their algorithms and in the long run people who try to cheat the system only end up hurting themselves.

Not to mention it's cheap and tacky. And if you want Twitter followers, sometimes it helps to be absent from Twitter for awhile. That's when people just find you sometimes. In the end, I consider a successful Twitter account in one way....when you have more followers than people who you are following.

Pretty good looking site. A whole lot better than anything I could do at the moment. The crowd funding idea is a good one, maybe try kickstarter or indiegogo if you're in Canada. The keywords trick was pretty interesting and one I didn't know about!

Back