What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Guys, what do you think of Bootstrap

shanatron

Bootstrap is a relative new framework made by people from Twitter.
It gives you a lot of boilerplate code and templates so that you don't need to code everything from the ground up. It also implements responsive design and some workarounds for some of the problems old browsers have.
Have any of you used it?

I've played with a few Wordpress themes using Bootstrap and its pretty nice. Its very clean code, aesthetically and functionally, and has lots of room for customization. I've been a pure jquery fan for a while when it comes to infinite-scrolling framework, but the fact that Bootstrap implements this to be so tablet and smartphone friendly makes it that much nicer to work with. Not to mention users love the feel of it.

I've only dabbled with it, and only did because it implements jquery. You have no idea how many times jquery has saved my butt in the past.

I have just installed it in one of my experimental sites. So far I haven't really noticed any difference yet. I probably will have to load more content before there is any significance difference.

I love bootstrap. I like it for a number of reasons, but the best feature (I think at least) is by far the built in mobile support. The framework not only looks clean and is easily customizable, but it is compatible with basically all mobile devices without any additional work.

Bootstrap is a free collection of tools for creating websites and web applications. It contains HTML and CSS-based design templates for typography, forms, button, charts, navigation and other interface components. Bootstrap is compatible with all major browsers. Basic information of compatibility of website or applications is available for all devices and browsers. Partial compatibility is makes the basic information of a website available for all devices and browsers.

Bootstrap is an open source toolkit for developing with HTML, CSS, and JS. Quickly prototype your ideas or build your entire app with our Sass variables and mixins, responsive grid system, extensive prebuilt components, and powerful plugins built on jQuery. I have had a very nice experience with it.

I think bootstrap is the better way to get started. Nonetheless, I have been wanting to make forum themes and there doesn't seem to be a bootstrap for that. Anyone know of any? Where can you find them?

From my point of view it seems great because with this CSS file we can see comfortably from your Smartphone all social networks, especially twitter that many like to.;);)

Nice Framework to design impressive web pages...!! Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JavaScript framework for developing responsive, mobile-first websites.
It supports the responsive web design and dynamically adjusts the layout of web pages by considering the characteristics of the device used.
Bootstrap is compatible with almost all the latest version browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, and Safari.

Bootstrap is a open source platform for making the sites in HTML, CSS, Javascript . Bootstrap is mostly used because it makes the websites mobile friendly.

Back