What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Encrypting HTML

Wrong

There are a few online tools that enable you to encrypt HTML to avoid getting ripped off by people who check your site's source code. They don't always guarantee complete safety against copycats, but at least they can keep the dumb ones and the newbies away. :p

This is one, for example: smartgb.com/free_encrypthtml.php. It uses a javascript-based script. With some tweaking, however, you can make your codes work on your site only. I did this for one of my sites (actually it wasn't really me, I got help), and that way everyone who tried to copy my stuff got a blank page. *evil laugh*

This is a great share.
I use iwebtools html encrypter service and I am happy with the results, but might consider trying this one...
I will also add it to my list of online html encrypters...

And might you be willing to share the blank page tweaking? :)

And might you be willing to share the blank page tweaking? :)

I would, but I really don't remember the code, and deleted the files in my site a long time ago (since I no longer manage it). I remember it was done through javascript, though, I think by making sure the .js file was loaded in a certain domain (your site's).

I would, but I really don't remember the code, and deleted the files in my site a long time ago (since I no longer manage it). I remember it was done through javascript, though, I think by making sure the .js file was loaded in a certain domain (your site's).

.js file loaded in a cetain domain - thanks! you already gave me the idea... I'll just search for something particular like this and maybe I could hit the blank page tweak. Thanks! :)

.js file loaded in a cetain domain - thanks! you already gave me the idea... I'll just search for something particular like this and maybe I could hit the blank page tweak. Thanks! :)

No problem! There's nothing more rewarding than seeing one of the people stealing your code f*cking things up, so your search will be worth it! :p

Back