What's new
HTML Forums | An HTML and CSS Coding Community

Welcome to HTMLForums; home of web development discussion! Please sign in or register your free account to get involved. Once registered you will be able to connect with other members, send and receive private messages, reply to topics and create your very own. Our registration process is hassle-free and takes no time at all!

Adding a stored Text file and call it within <ul id

Dohm

Hi everyone,
Been doing this on my own up till now and I am stuck. Hopefully this can be done.

I have a list of over 1000 text line Ex: "Party 1, Party 2..." all on different lines on one html page.

Code:
<input type="text" id="myInput" onkeyup="myFunction()" placeholder="Search for title..">

<ul id="myUL">
<li class="invalid nav-item"><a href="Party 1.html">Party 1</a></li>
<li class="invalid nav-item"><a href="Party 2.html">Party 2</a></li>
</ul>

The text will have 10 more each weeks which makes it time consuming when I do it manually...

Now I have a .text file, which each line is sorted alphabetically and saved and I need to copy and paste each time I update the html file.

How would I delete the full
Code:
<li class="invalid nav-item"><a href="Party 1.html">Party 1</a></li> .... (all list)
within the html and call the text file which would have all text, about 1000, then when I add more text to the list it would update the list within the code section...

Don't know if it makes sense... but here is an example:

What is now:
Code:
<input type="text" id="myInput" onkeyup="myFunction()" placeholder="Search for title..">

<ul id="myUL">
</ul>

Then Party 3 and 4 needs to be added so when the .text file is updated the new code and list will be updated to:

Code:

<ul id="myUL">
<li class="invalid nav-item"><a href="Party 3.html">Party 3</a></li>
<li class="invalid nav-item"><a href="Party 4.html">Party 4</a></li>
</ul>

Would this be done easily with html and using css?

Back